Skip to main content

Tessa Thompson confirms Michael B. Jordan to helm Creed 3, filming to begin in late 2021 

Actor Michael B. Jordan is set to helm the third installment of Creed. The franchise that began in 2015 was both a sequel and spin-off of the Rocky franchise. Actress Tessa Thompson will reprise the role of Bianca Taylor in the film. Creed 3 will mark the directorial debut of Jordan.

Tessa Thompson confirms Michael B. Jordan to helm Creed 3, filming to begin in late 2021 
Speaking to MTV News and confirming her role, Tessa Thompson said, “He is directing the next Creed.”  Furthermore, when asked about Michael B Jordan being labeled as PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive 2020, she added. "I haven’t talked to him about it because I’m going to pretend it hasn’t happened. I don’t want—we’re going to make another Creed very soon, and I don’t need this. I don’t need the Sexiest Man Alive to be, you know what I mean? I just don’t need it. I don’t need any of it. It’s a lot. It’s too much for me to shoulder. It’s too much for me to handle. No, I’m proud of him. I’m so happy for him. And I will give him a lot of crap about it in person, and I cannot wait.”

During the conversation, Tessa also confirmed that the filming will begin later in 2021.

ALSO READ: Michael B. Jordan is PEOPLE’s Sexiest Man Alive 2020, the actor says ‘it’s a good club to be a part of’



source https://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/tessa-thompson-confirms-michael-b-jordan-helm-creed-3-filming-begin-late-2021/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clash of the Dawoods: Farhan Akhtar versus Ram Gopal Varma

Two leading filmmakers are rushing to the streaming platform with bio-series on Dawood Ibrahim. While Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani's Excel Entertainment’s series is based on investigative journalist author Hussain’s Dongri To Dubai , Ram Gopal’s Varma’s D Company is based entirely on his own research. Apparently, Excel’s excursion to Dawood’s territory began shooting before the pandemic. No information is available on its progress. I asked the author Hussain Zaidi and he said he had no idea of the progress on the project. Says Ram Gopal Varma, “I honestly don’t know what they are making. I read Dongri To Dubai which is very anecdotal in nature, like piecing together a number of crime columns published in newspapers. Also the subject matter of my series D Company is in the public domain. It’s the understanding and interpretation which will differ. Anyway may the best man win.” Incidentally these are not the only cinematic efforts on Dawood. Nikhil Advani made D Day whe...

“I’m hoping this will be the year of big-screen entertainers”, says Vaani Kapoor

Vaani Kapoor has three massive films lined up for release this year. She is eagerly waiting for the release of Shamshera , in which she has been paired opposite Ranbir Kapoor, BellBottom will see her opposite Akshay Kumar and in Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui , she is Ayushmann Khurrana’s love interest. The versatile actress hopes that her big films contribute to bringing people back to the theatres. “I’m hoping this will be the year of big-screen entertainers! People are waiting for the virus to be under control and with the vaccines, the confidence of the people will slowly build. They would want to go back to doing the things that they used to. People are missing many experiences that made them happy and we are a society that thrives on community hangouts,” says Vaani. She adds, “Community celebrations will come back in a big way and for Indians going to a theatre to watch a movie with friends and family is a huge thing. That’s going to make a big comeback. They would want to come bac...

War director Siddharth Anand in talks with Prabhas for an action thriller

After the super success of War , director Siddharth Anand is currently shooting for Shah Rukh Khan's comeback film Pathan which also stars Deepika Padukone and John Abraham. The shoot of the film is expected to be completed by June. After the post production of the film, Anand will start with Hrithik Roshan and Deepika Padukone starrer Fighter which was announced earlier this month. Now, reports state that Siddharth Anand is planning his third film and plans on making it a pan-India film. Reportedly, Anand approached Prabhas for the film which is touted to be the biggest film of his career. The director has had multiple meetings with the Pan-India star in Hyderabad last year. It is being reported that Prabhas has liked the idea and Siddharth's vision but will take a final call after looking at the bound script. Reports state that the meetings so far have gone well. Siddharth Anand plans on taking the film on floors in December 2022 after the release of Fighter . By then, P...